Sunday, January 27, 2013

Macdo, WiFi, and the Aquarium of Nancy

Bonjour!

Today, I'm hailing from Macdo because the wireless internet service at my residence is of the disposition to crash and not function twice per month for two days.

This is not the first time, nor will it be, alas, the last time.

Nancy does not have a Starbuck's, so the next best thing is Macdonalds...which everyone calls Macdo.  It's clean, non-expensive and has free wifi :)  The assistants tend to gather here during the breakdowns in technology...

Not to keep fuming, but this situation again reminds me of a question one of my students asked me when I first came to France--is France more modern than America?

One thing that I can say, is if you pay a monthly fee for internet at an apartment building, and that internet for some reason decides to fail, your residence will do its utmost to ensure that you do not go without internet for more than a few hours, let alone days.  That, my friends, is the difference--I shan't answer the question now, but you can just imagine what I'm thinking at this moment...

To better things: I visited the aquarium in Nancy this weekend in an attempt to get beyond the four dreary walls of my apartment.  Take a look: