Saturday, October 20, 2012

Royal Wedding!



Today I saw the royal families and heads of state from Denmark, Norway, Jordan, Luxembourg, and Belgium because I visited Luxembourg today--which was the wedding day of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg to Countess Stephanie of Belgium (now Princess Stephanie)!

This was my first time seeing royalty--and it was quite the experience!  We waited outside the Cathedral for a while, waiting for the ceremony to end--the civil ceremony was yesterday, and because the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg is Catholic, they had a religious ceremony today.

I wasn't in a good place for getting pictures (I did get a picture of the bride, but from far away with a car door across her face) so here are some from the internet:
(Can you believe I was just across the street?)
I did, however, get some pictures of the other royal guests, as well as a ton from the army as they paraded past--quite impressive!

Here are some photos of the beautiful little country of Luxembourg--I shall definitely be coming back!!



 Every little shop and restaurant had a picture of the newlyweds with flowers and congratulations!  It was so charming!  Everyone seemed genuinely happy--without all the media hype!  Apparently the Grand Duke takes walks around town and talks to his subjects--I'm so glad to have been a part of this glorious day!