Friday, September 14, 2012

Good-bye America!

Here I am, putting the last couple of things in my suitcases (which are, by now, stuffed to capacity).  Leaving this time is a little bit different than it was two years ago--I know I've procrastinated with the packing a bit more, and the process seems a little more hectic than it did the last time.

Fun story: I decided to sew a new dress to take with me.  I began on Monday.  Now, keep in mind that I had the entire summer to complete such a project, but I waited until the very last week to do it...not to mention that before I could sew this dress, I had to finish sewing another dress that I had started so I could change the thread in the serger :)

I finished the second dress yesterday (though not without some kind assistance from my mother!)  I never considered myself much of a seamstress, but I just made two dresses in the past seven days...not bad!

These past few weeks have brought me many things--long visits with friends, going away bonfires, and well wishes from complete strangers!

I'm almost reluctant to leave so many good people and wonderful friends, but I'm also terribly excited to be going to Europe again!  Mary and I have a ton of trips planned--so keep stopping by for some awesome stories and cool pictures!

Good-bye everyone!  The next time you hear from me, I'll be in la belle France!

Cheers!
~Laura